(applicable by product)
To enable compliance to BS6396 UK sockets are fitted with 5 x 20mm anti-surge ceramic fuses, with colour-coded fuse clips to denote the rating (3.15A/5A).
Discreet 'easy-connect'™ earth terminal in endcap of unit as standard for attachment of an earth bonding lead fitted with a female 6.3mm push-on spade connector.
Quality and Testing
All units are manufactured using ISO9001 quality controlled components and practices and are 100% tested before dispatch;
- Visual: Configuration and appearance.
- Mechanical: correct operation of shutter mechanisms
- Power sockets: Continuity, polarity, insulation & earth
- USB chargers: Output voltage and resistance
- Wireless chargers: Charging current in test receiver
- Data & AV: All sockets continuity tested with batch performance testing.
'We test every pin on every connection in every socket'
All units built with UK and European socket types are CE marked by OE Electrics as complying with the latest EU Low Voltage, EMC and ROHS directives.
AC Power socket: The fitted socket will be certified to the appropriate national/international standard eg: BS1363/5733, IEC60884-1, UL498, CCC, AS/NZS3112.
OE TUF5A: Independently certified to IEC60950-1/UL60950-1.
Safety: IEC61558-2-16 EMC â€“ EN62104-3:2000, FCC Part (B) Class B.
Cable, connectors & mains plug: Independently certified to the appropriate national/international standard.
Wireless Charger Transmitter: EU.